HomeAboutPopular PostsE-books Free Printables

Monday, June 1, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I have proven this week that my mothering inadequacies also include our pet fish. I have been so busy this week having bronchitis, taking care of my family, training new nurses, and trying to keep my house clean - that I have totally neglected the fish tank for a while.

Well, last weekend we went away for a couple days and one of our fish did not survive. Upon finding the poor fish floating last Monday night, Monica started to have a major meltdown. After mourning together for a couple of minutes we did not redirect her attention to something else to help her "forget" about the fish. We also did not do such a good job of helping her "forget" about the event - that we totally forgot about the event ourselves. Well, needless to say, I did not find out that eventually, if there are other fish in the tank, the poor fish's body disappears on its own. I never had to find the net, "fish" (HeHe!) it out, or hold a funeral at the flusher.

That's all I have for this week. What else could I possibly do to top that one? Other than the fact that the only proof I have is that there are now only three fish in my ever-greening tank.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Don't feel bad...I don't do fish...or plants :o) I hope you and your family have a better week!

visiting from MckMama