HomeAboutPopular PostsE-books Free Printables

Monday, November 2, 2009

Jesus, I heard you had a big house!

I grew up in a family of singers - although I don't personally sing. I remember my sisters singing with my Dad in church as children. One of the songs my older sister sang for many years was "Jesus, I heard you had a big house" written by the Gaithers.

Our family always enjoyed the message of this song and thought it was good for kids to know that Jesus had a place He was preparing for them also. We had no idea way back then how much this song would mean to us now. It was one of the first songs I thought of when Megan was diagnosed with her terminal illness. I also played this song to Megan many times this September to help prepare her for her Great Transition. My dad made me a slide show with pictures of Megan using a professional recording of this song.



Here are the words to this wonderful song:

Jesus, I heard you had a big house,
Where I could have a room of my own.
And Jesus, I heard you had a big yard,
Big enough to let a kid roam.

I heard you had clothes in your closet,
Just the right size that I wear,
And Jesus, I heard if I give you my heart,
then You would let me go there.

Jesus, I heard about meal time,
when all your children come to eat,
I heard you had a great big table
Where every kid can have his own seat.

Jesus, they said there will be plenty
of good things in heaven to share,
And Jesus, I'd just like to tell you
I sure would love to go there.

Jesus, I heard in your big house
there's plenty of love to go around.
I heard there's always singing and laughter
to fill the place with happy sounds.

And I've been thinking that a friend
who would give me all that he's got
Before I even have met Him
Well, He sure must love me a lot.

And Jesus, I'd just like to tell you,
I sure do love you a lot!

12 comments:

signingcharity said...

I just knew to keep coming here today for a new post. Thank you Lori for continuing to bless us by allowing us glimpses of your journey. For some reason I see Megan dressing herselt today. It is such a joy to little ones to do that and today Meggie gets to it too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting me see that video again. It brought tears to my eyes. She is so beautiful and that song is so perfect. I didn't know you played it for Meggie in September. That is so precious. I love you! Lisa

Cap Creations said...

Thank you for sharing that Lori! I love the pictures!

Amy said...

I loved that, I especially loved the pics of the 2 girls together. Your strength still amazes me Lori.

Anonymous said...

Lori, I can't imagine the task of preparing your dearly loved child for "the Great Transition." God obviously gave you tremendous strength and grace to do it, and what a great song for the journey. It's been a long time since I heard it. Thanks for sharing.

Pamm said...

You preparing Megan for Heaven- I hadn't thought of that before. Not only did you have to prepare yourself and Monica and Ken for saying good-bye to Megan, you had to think of things from Megan's perspective and make sure she felt good about her next home.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Just beautiful...

Holly said...

What a lovely song.

Granperry1 said...

What a beautiful song!

D C Norwood, Judith said...

This is without a doube the sweetest song I have heard in a long time.
Thank you,
Judy

Renee Ann said...

I came to visit from the sits girls site because of the Halloween/camera contest and was distracted by your posts about your angel, Megan. I watched this slide show--and the beautiful photos and song made me weep! Blessings on you and your family! I know you'll see Megan again some day. (I'm not sure if my blog URL will show up in this type of sign in--I'm Renee from http://reneeannsmith.com/)

Tamaralfoster said...

Lori,
My name is Tamara Foster. We've had some medical situations ourselves recently with our new baby Benjamin and I was doing some "research" for him on GJ feedings(per the Doctor) and I came across your site.

After reading about your beautiful daughter, I know I was supposed to find your blog today.

I believe that everything happens for a reason and there are no accidents. I feel instantly connected to you and your family and I am praying for you today.
Thank you for posting. Thank you for sharing your feelings. Thank you for giving a parent perspective on a child with special needs.

Tamara Foster
tamaralfoster@yahoo.com
benwriteshisownstory.blogspot.com