HomeAboutPopular PostsE-books Free Printables

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Good News All Around!

The doctors have been taking daily samples of Megan's blood to determine bacterial growth for the last week. On Friday they took out her permanent central line and placed the temporary one. The cultures from Saturday and Sunday still showed bacterial growth even though we thought the source of the bacteria had been removed. They have continued on the same IV antibiotics daily since last week.

Just this morning we were told that the blood sample drawn on Monday was still clean - showing no signs of bacterial growth. Also, the results of the echocardiogram were normal and the chest x-ray was improved from the one they took when she was admitted last Tuesday. Hip, Hip, Hooray! Hip, Hip, Hooray! Hip, Hip, Hooray! (And, Praise God - For He's a Jolly Good Fellow! Which nobody can deny.)

As for me, I am slowly improving. I am trying to take Dr. K's advice and rest. I took a 3 hour nap in Megan's room this afternoon after my family went back home. I am taking my medicine as prescribed and will finish my regimen about the same time Megan finishes hers here as long as her health stays on the same path.

I have a full picture post coming tomorrow as well as the promised GJ-tube educational post. For now, I will leave you with this image:


I'll take half of a smile today - She is definitely feeling better. I am so thankful for that.

5 comments:

mary said...

what a beautiful young lady you have and we are praying daily for you megan and the rest of you, and for a speedy recovery for you also

Unknown said...

I think Megan looks GREAT! She, and your whole family are in my daily prayers. It seem lately Megan is not far from my thought - I think its a reminder for me to pray for all of you. Thank you for the updates!

Abby

Cindy said...

I am so glad she is doing so much better! I am still praying away for her!

Anonymous said...

Lori,

Just want you to know that I think about you alot. You really are an amazing person. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Trudy

Me said...

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.