HomeAboutPopular PostsE-books Free Printables

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

At the Market

I spent the day at the Shipshewana Flea Market today. Just me, my thoughts, my doll clothes, and thousands of other people to watch and learn from. I took a picture of my booth also. I was just trying to keep everything out of the rain today and a customer pointed out that I did a nice job displaying my items today. COOL - because I never put anything in the exact same spot twice. I may keep it like this for a few weeks.



The rest of my family had a great day also. I think we are finally learning what Megan's normal schedule is and getting more comfortable in knowing how to react to the condition she wakes up in, how much and when she is sleeping, and how comfortable she stays when she is awake. We have learned many things about how far we can deviate from her written schedule (within working reason for our family life) and calculating how much time we have between Megan's scheduled treatments.


This is good news in that we are getting a step closer to figuring out when to take Megan into the community, how long she can handle outside activities, and when she needs to return home. After that, our only last fear would be how easy it may be for Megan to attract another "bug" from being in the community. But, that will be left in the hands of the "Great Healer" when the time comes. We cannot live our lives in fear of "what if?" We want our daughter to be able to experience life outside our home bubble also. I hope we get there soon. Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us and sending warm thoughts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog, Bug. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I agree, Meggie does need to experience as much life as she reasonably can. I love you.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Lori I look for you blogs everyday, even when you don't have time to post them. You are precious and so is your family. I pray the Lord will continue to give you peace about the schedules you live with. I am proud of you for not hiding her at home, but getting all of you out of the house.
Love,
Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

Lori you don't know me but I work with Ken. I am so glad to hear you had a good day. I have been following your blogs and my heart and prayers go out to you. Sometimes they make me cry but only because I wish I could help you in some way. I will kepp your whole family in my thoughts and prayers everyday. Stay strong, you have been given a special angel to care for. God will give you the strength somehow!

Pamm said...

Yea- you made it out to the market! The booth looks great, Lori! I'm glad you're feeling better!