HomeAboutPopular PostsE-books Free Printables

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Is it Up and Down or Round and Round?

Maybe it's both. I guess if the brakes are broken on a roller coaster it will perpetually go round and round and up and down. I guess it really doesn't matter. Either way, my eyes are are still closed. Now I know why I never liked amusement parks. It's all too unpredictable and scary. But, I know who has the whole world in His hands and that includes my entire family, even though we are not at home. Come to think of it, none of us are really at home. We have a mansion being built for us as we speak and it is built on the golden glory road and not some rickety old coaster. This is a promise I am holding onto. So, it doesn't matter if my eyes are open or closed at this point.

The reason I bring this subject up is because we were told today that the bacteria growing in Megan's blood cultures was not growing in the peripheral access (they drew from her foot), it came from -you guessed it- the central line. We will have more information later today or early tomorrow about the course of treatment they want to take next. They might change some antibiotics depending on results of lab experiments on the bacteria, schedule her for surgery to remove the line and put in a different type of line in a different place, or treat the infection with the IV antibiotics like we did a couple weeks ago. Are you deja vu-ing yet?

The Infectious Disease (ID) Dr.'s are being consulted on what we should do once the tests finish. If you are not deja vu-ing yet, read this post. Round and Round we go. Where it stops only He knows. And, boy am I glad. All this stuff is way too hard and very tiring.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Keep your chin up! Your focus is in the right place. On God. I continue to pray for all of you and Megan. None of this is news to Him, I know you know that, but its nice to hear it sometimes and not just think it. You are an amazing person, and I love your blog. Thank you for sharing!

Cap Creations said...

You are awesome Lori! Thorough all the pain and uncertainity you keep the faith! God will bless you greatly! Thank you for sharing with us. You bring tears to my eyes everytime.

Anonymous said...

Lori, I do not like roller coasters. They scare me to death. That was a very good analogy of the situation you are in. I've been there too and not knowing is too hard. I may not have told you this before but after Peter died, Kurt was 9 and he told grandpa L. a verse that I have used many times. "Be strong and of a good courage." the rest of the verse says "fear not nor be afraid of them for the Lord your God, He is with you, He will not fail you nor forsake you." Deut 31:6
I have another verse that helped me in crisis when Bob had his stroke. I'll share later.
I love you,
Aunt Carol

Misty Rice said...

Just wanted to stop by and see how things were going. I am going to say a prayer again right now. You have a beautiful family. Thank you for coming to my blog and please stop by again and know that I will pray often for you.

Your youngest daughter looks just like you.

God Bless.

Pamm said...

I'm praying that your positive and Faith-filled thinking lasts all day, every day.